The Renewable Future is here
Comparing finite & renewable planetary energy reserves (Terawatt-years). Total recoverable reserves shown for finite resources; yearly potential for renewables.
How much could (or should) renewable energy power our grid?
A number of research teams have tackled this whole question Of course, the regions studied, goals, technology assumptions and other parameters have varied -- so the studies naturally reach diverse conclusions. All, however, point clearly to the emerging paradim: Our Renewable Future. Here are some notable ones:
- Renewable Energy can supply 100% of the world's energy
- Wind, Solar & Storage could power electric grid cost-effectively by 2030
- How to get Europe to 100% Renewable Energy
- 80% Clean, Renewable Energy by 2050: more than possible with public & political will
- The Offshore Valuation (UK)
- 95% Renewable Energy possible by 2050 with NO technology breakthroughs
Countries already using & planning very high levels of renewable energy
Which pioneering countries have over 60% Renewable Energy right now?
Studies on the theoretical potential of renewable energy
- A fundamental look at energy reserves for the planet (source of lead image above)
◊ Source: Cleantechnica Publ. here 24.10.2013